Dense Ores mod adds ‘dense’ versions of ore blocks that will drop 3x the items that regular ore will. It generates about 1-10 dense blocks per chunk (replacing already generated ores). for an overall increase in ores of about 5%. The textures for the dense ores are dynamically generated from the base ores texture and the equivalent ‘stone’ texture. This means that you won’t need to create a new texture for your texture packs (although you can create one anyway if you’re not happy with the way it looks).
- S:baseBlock – The ore block that you wish to replace. This is in the form modid:blockname
- I:baseBlockMeta – The metadata value for the block (0-15)
- S:baseBlockTexture – The ores texture name (as found in assets/modid/textures/blocks)
- D:denseOreProbability – Currently unused.
- I:renderType – This changes the way the texture generation works.
- I:retroGenId – Retrogen number. Set it to non-zero to enable retrogen. You can change it to a diffent number to run retrogen again.
- S:underlyingBlock – The texture of the base block (usually stone or netherrack), see baseBlockTexture.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.